When you are at Wellington you can enjoy lots of things. But if you save money too that can be handy for you and let you enjoy more with the money you saved. Here are the list of 20 wonderful things you can do for under $20
20 wonderful things for under $20
- If you wanna take a ride to enjoy some awesome landscape of the city on the Wellington Cable Car you can do so at $7.50 only.
- Going back to some history of the city or World War I you can go for two great exhibitions- The Great War Exhibition on Buckle Street with only $15 per adult and Gallipoli the scale of our war at Te Pap for free which is brought to life by famous movie makers like Sir Richard Taylor and Sir Peter Jackson.
- Wanna know about Wellington’s secrets, stories and treasures you can do so at Wellington Museum on the waterfront all free.
- You can pedal around Wellington’s scenic waterfront on a quirky Crocodile Bike. Here you can hire a two seater for 30 minutes of cruising for $15, or grab a few mates and get a four seater for $40 for 1 hour with four people with just $10 each.
- You can get your culture fix at City Gallery, which is home to an ever-changing collection of contemporary art from Aotearoa and abroad. All exhibitions entry are free.
- You can get the inside word on New Zealand’s system of government and learn all about their work inside, on a guided tour of Parliament Buildings all free.
- If you are nature lover then visit Zealandia Eco- sanctuary for $18.50 per adult and watch the cheeky kaka or spot the tuatara and have some fun here.
- Interested in astronomy then gaze into the skies above Wellington and learn all about astronomy at Space Place at $12.50 only.
- Enter the Weta Cave all free the home of movie making magic and take a tour of Weta Workshop at $25
- Feeling hungry after your tour then land on the Ekim Burgers and find affordable and delicious meny just for $8- $15.
- To grab a pizza visit Tommy Millions where a pizza slice can cost $5 each.
- Wanna enjoy some soda then take a tour of Wellington’s boutique soda factory, Six Barrel Soda, and sample their specialty sodas for $20.
- For a quick bite to eat that’ll have all your fellow lunch mates absolutely envious, try Mt Vic Chippery’s Express Lunch. Taste some crumbed fish, crinkle cut chips and slaw all at $10.
- Have hot chocolate to warm up if in winters that too Italian chocolate from Scopa on Cuba Street for $6.
- Grab a hot waffle loaded up with fresh cream, white chocolate drizzle, fruit and vanilla ganache from The Little Waffle Shop $7 each and $5 on Wednesdays.
- Want to enjoy some movie then get on a two-seater couch and enjoy at the boutique Light House Cinema, Cubafor $17.50 per person.
- For cocktails visit Chow’s that are insanely good like the Rosebud. Plus which come in at $13-$18.
- Enjoy some tasty milkshake at Five Boroughs for $7.50 and enjoy flavours like Jelly tip, Bounty and Triple chocolate.
- Every day from 2-5pm at Burger Liquor get a standard burger, crinkle cut fries and a cold tap bevvy or bootleggers soda as part of the standard deal at $15 only
- For free beer go to Garage Project Cellar Door and taste a few beers from their eight tap line-up and enjoy.