TVNZ OnDemand is a New Zealand online television viewing and downloading service offered by Television New Zealand. TVNZ OnDemand was launched in 2007 with an initial selection of 300 videos from 100 television shows. TVNZ OnDemand offers a variety of free content, such as news updates and programmes seen on TVNZ channels.
In April 2010, TVNZ announced that TVNZ OnDemand would be available on the PlayStation 3 console, making it the first catch-up TV service to be optimised for viewing on the living room TV through PS3
As of now, TVNZ OnDemand is available via their website, Apple iPhones and iPads, Android mobile devices and tablets; several Smart TVs including Apple TV, Samsung TV, Panasonic TV, Android TV, Sony TV, and LG TV; desktops and laptops; PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game consoles; Google Chromecast and Freeview devices. All content is now free, ad-supported, with advertisements being shown before, during and after videos.
How To Get Started With Ondemand?
In this short tvnz guide you can find how to get started with TVNZ
- First step is to create your account with TVNZ
- You can create a TVNZ OnDemand account here
- TVNZ OnDemand is an ad-funded service sois completely free to use and sign up with!
- You need to complete the registration process on a desktop/laptop or Smart device web browser. You’ll also need to verify your account using the link that Tvnz will email to your address.
- Set a user name and password and then go for tvnz login
- When using your mobile smartphone you can even download the TVNZ app
Now you are ready to watch your favourite shows, news, live TV, what’s happening today, sports, movies, videos and other various interesting channels all free. You can vote TVnzondemand and stay tuned with the latest shows.
TVNZ’s all about sharing the moments that matter – whether it’s breaking news, following adventures, sharing stories or putting smiles on faces.
Each day, TVNZ reaches more than 2 million New Zealanders through channels TVNZ 1, 2, DUKE and online platform TVNZ OnDemand.
Leading news site 1news.co.nz and socially-driven online news brand Re: connect Kiwis to the important issues throughout the day, however they chose to engage.
You need to be a resident of New Zealand to watch TVnzonDemand.
Currently, TVNZ OnDemand is officially supported via a Chromecast dongle or an Android TV (with built in Chromecast).
Which Devices Is TVNZ OnDemand available?
TVNZ OnDemand is available on the below devices.
Smart TV, Consoles and TV Apps: To watch on the big screen, download the TVNZ OnDemand app on the following Smart TVs and devices:
- Samsung Smart TV – Tizen 2015+ models. Note that they support AirPlay to Samsung TV.
- Apple TV – 4th Gen & 4K, iOS 10.2+ OS supported
Android TV – Android OS 5.1+ supported on:
- Sony, TCL, Philips, and Toshiba Smart TV’s
- Freeview-approved Android TV devices (SmartVU, SmartVU+, A2 recorder)
- Panasonic Smart TV – 2017+ models
- LG Smart TV – Web OS models 3.3 and above
- Vodafone TV – pre-installed on connected Vodafone TV boxes
- Sony PS4, PS5
- Microsoft Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S.
Smartphones and Tablets: Download the TVNZ OnDemand app to stream content or cast to your TV to stream on the big screen. Visit the App Store (for iPad or iPhone) or the Play Store (for Android smartphones or tablets).
- iOS Mobile & Tablet – iOS 11+ OS supported
- Android Mobile & Tablet – Android OS 4.4+ supported
- Google Chromecast – iOS 11+ & Android OS 4.4+ supported
Laptop and Desktop: Watch TVNZ OnDemand on your laptop or desktop computer. TVNZ support the following browsers:
- Windows PC / Mac OS: Google Chrome – latest version
- Firefox – latest version
- Windows PC: Microsoft Edge – latest version and Internet Explorer – latest version
- Mac OS: Safari – 9.1.3+
Make sure your device is connected to the internet and running the latest operating system. For the best experience, always use the latest version of the app.
How To Set Up Chromecast To View TVNZ OnDemand?
On your mobile device or tablet, you will need to download the Google Home app. You can do this by searching for this in your App/Play Store.
To set up Chromecast on your mobile device or tablet, follow the steps below:
Playing TVNZ OnDemand via Chromecast:
- First you need to pPlug in your Chromecast device. Plug one end of the USB power cable into your Chromecast and the other end into any open HDMI input on your TV. Plug the power supply into an open outlet.
- Now Double check that the Chromecast and the mobile device, tablet or Chrome browser you are using to set up Chromecast are both on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Next turn your TV channel to the HDMI channel that your Chromecast is connected to and follow the instructions on the screen.
- On your device, select the Chromecast icon in the top right corner of the TVNZ OnDemand app, website, or player and connect to the Chromecast.
Questions and Answers New Zealand TVOndemand
Here are most common Q+A NZ for TVonDemand. TVOndemand q&a new Zealand are available at their website under help section.
Q1. How do I remove my TVNZ OnDemand Account?
To remove your account, you need to contact help support team via the Contact form.
Q2. Can I watch TVNZ OnDemand using an HDMI cable?
TVNZ OnDemand does support HDMI cables as most modern Smart Televisions require this feature. TVNZ OnDemand Digital Rights Management (DRM) blocks non-compliant devices that do not meet the requirements of High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).
Q3. How much data does TVNZ OnDemand use?
There’s no way to delete shows or movies from your continue watching list. As you watch new items your unfinished shows and movies will move further down the list.
The following is how much data TVNZ OnDemand uses when streaming content:
- On Desktop (web) with DSL connection, 1-hour of video uses 1.85GB of data rate including all ads.
- In the Mobile App on iOS with 3G connection, 1-hour of video uses 1.38GB of data rate including all ads.
- In the Mobile App on Android with 4G connection, 1-hour of video uses 1.75GB of data rate including all ads.
Q4. Can I download and Watch TVNZOndemand shows offline?
Unfortunately current TVNZ rights agreements do not allow download of content for offline viewing.
Q5. What is Freeview?
Freeview brings free to air digital radio and TV to New Zealand viewers. It is beamed down from a satellite (DTH, Direct to Home) and also, transmitted from hilltops and high-points (DTT Digital Terrestrial TV, now known as Freeview HD).
Q6. What devices are TVNZ OnDemand Profiles available on?
TVNZOndemand has launched profiles on web, iOS/Android mobile apps, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S LG, Panasonic, Android TV, Apple TV, Vodafone TV and newer Samsung TV models. Note that Profiles are not currently available on Freeview.Find here the latest shows to watch on TVNZOnDemand New Zealand.