One of the latest genres in the online casino world are 3D pokies. Over the last few years, there has been a rise in games that are featuring three-dimensional graphics. This is bringing a modern design perspective to online pokies designs. If you are looking for impressive graphings, engaging gameplay and generous bonus features, 3D pokies promise to deliver.
Silly glasses and graphics that jump out at you are probably what first come to mind when you think of 3D. Although this is the case for 3D movies, it is not the case for 3D pokies. The focus of ‘3D’ is on the rendering of the graphics, when talking about casino games.
Rather than the standard flat, two-dimensional characters, the 3D characters are rendered fully, with three-dimensional graphics. A more engaging game play is created by giving it a more vibrant look. The experience may feel like you’ve been immersed in a Pixar film.
These pokies titles come equipped with all kinds of unique bonus features that will appeal to many modern gamers. These features go beyond the usual free-spins round, or pick-a-prize bonuses. 3D pokies include some of the most innovative and exciting bonus features available in casino games today.
Impressive 3D Pokies features:
- Walking Wilds: Similar to the standard wild card, but this symbols makes its way across the screen during the base game or in the free spins round. The 3D graphics make it look as if the symbols are hopping across the reels, as a fun added touch.
- Cascading Wins: The winning symbols disappear, when ever a win occurs, and new symbols will land in their places. In games similar to Gonzo’a Quest, the 3D symbols will appear as if they are physically crumbing.
- Mini-Game Bonuses: Generous prizes can be won during these fun little bonus games. As an Example, there is a Drinking Bonus in the game Tipsy Tourist. Players are made to guess the correct outcome of a coin flip, or they have to drink. When their drinks run out, the bonus round ends.
Popular Poker Machines
A few of Betsoft’s best known 3D pokies games include:
- The Slotfather: This is a Godfather parody that gives players an attempt to navigate a criminal underworld. All matching symbols come straight out of the Italian Gangster Movies.
- Mamma Mia!: This poker machine is definitely for you, if you’ve ever wanted to own an Italian restaurant! The ingredients that you might find in a fine bistro, are what the games symbols are based on. Bonus rounds include pizza making and trying to impress a snobby food critic. You will have plenty of opportunities to pay extra in order to add wild symbols to the reels.
- Mr. Vegas: This game was designed to replicate the atmosphere of a classic Las Vegas resort. The game features numerous bonus rounds that are based off of other gambling games such as roulette. Within the game, there is also an opportunity to play a simpler slot machine. This is one of the more interesting bonus features you may find in any pokie.
3D Pokie developers
When it comes housing 3D graphics for online games, these developers are renowned for doing a good job:
- Net Entertainment: Whilst this developer doesn’t exclusivley create 3D pokies, the company does offer up a fair share of titles with these graphics. The Invisible Man, Gonzo’s Quest and Jack and the Beanstalk all use three-dimensionally rendered characters. This created a fun and engaging gaming experience for players.
- BetSoft: Established in 1999, they are one of the oldest online pokies developers out there. They do however bring a fresh new perspective to the online gaming market. Many of its titles feature the 3D graphics. Mamma Mia and Sugar Pop! are undoubtedly some of its most popular games. Finding 2D graphic games in BetSoft’s catalogue is rare as the company exclusively created three-dimensional games.