In a recent study, it was found that there are more mobile phones than people in New Zealand. In a statistical record of 2013, it also found there were 5,020,000 mobiles in New Zealand in comparison to a population of 4,433,087. No one had thought that the mobile phone would evolve so rapidly since its introduction to the world in 1980. Here you will find how to check your mobile balance.
You use mobile phones not only to talk and text, but to play games, take photos, watch television, play music, shop, exchange emails, do banking, monitor your fitness levels, use an alarm in the mornings, get connected to social media, Skype someone on the other side of the world, or use as your guide with GPS instructions to follow, so uses are virtually endless.
Reflecting this, demand for the latest smartphones is higher than ever. With predicted global sales of 1.4 billion smartphones in 2015, smartphone penetration increased from a base of 1.8 billion in 2014 to 2.2 billion in 2015.
Deloitte predicted that of the 1.4 billion smartphones sold in 2015, 1 billion were purchased as upgrades, a volume is unparalleled among consumer electronics devices and greater in units than the PC, television, tablet and games console sectors combined.
“The smartphone is the most personal of consumer electronics devices: the most constant companion, the most personal of choices, the most customized and reflective of the owners, the least likely to be shared with other users and the most frequently looked at.” Source: Deloitte-Technology, Media and Telecommunications Predictions, 2014.
So if smartphones and mobiles are so much in demand and you cannot live without them and their services you always need to know the balance to keep the phone working. With different mobile service providers in the market in New Zealand and other countries, each has different ways to check the balance on your mobile. Here find as to how to check your mobile balance with most of the service providers in New Zealand as well as international.
Visit Mobile Service Providers
1. Checking your mobile balance with Aldi
ALDI mobile makes it easy to keep track of your balance
- Check with the mobile app from Aldimobile: The quickest and easiest way to check whilst on the go, is by using the ALDImobile Smartphone App
- Check with SMS: SMS the word balance to 590 from your ALDImobile handset. You will receive a message back that will tell you how much credit you have left and how long you have until your credits expire. When you send an SMS to 590 from your ALDImobile, this number is a short code for a full mobile number. The full length mobile number you are texting when you use the 590 service is 0466012123 and this is the number you will see when you check your usage. This service is free.
- Check online: You can also check by logging into your My ALDImobile account online.
2. Checking your mobile balance with Virgin
There are different ways to check your mobile balance with Virgin
- Check Online via My Account: Log in to My Account. Your prepaid balance and expiry date will be displayed in the Dashboard
- Check Via the My Account App: Download the My Account Mobile App from the Google Play Store or iTunes. Log in to the app with your mobile number and 6 digit pin. Select the ‘Summary’ tab. Your remaining credit and expiry date will be displayed
- Check with a phone call: Call 225 from your Virgin Mobile number. You’ll hear a message with your expiry date and balance. Each call costs 20c.
- Check with SMS: SMS ‘BAL’ to 225 from your Virgin Mobile number. Within a few seconds you will receive a reply with your expiry date and balance. Each SMS costs 20c.
3. Check mobile balance with Tesco
- Check online: The easiest way to keep track of your allowance is online through My Account. You can also download the Tesco Mobile app to do this on the go. Check your usage and get a full usage summary.
- Check by a phone call : To check your balance and see how much credit you have left, simply call 282 free from your Tesco Mobile device.
- Check by SMS: To check the status of your bundles, text the word BALANCE to 2112 for free and get reply with your remaining balance of minutes, texts and data.
4. Check your mobile balance with T Mobile
There are different ways to check your mobile balance with T mobile
- Check with T-Mobile app: T-Mobile My Account is a T-Mobile-branded app that lets you pay your bill, check usage, view notifications, manage your account, and fix issues with your device.
- Check with SMS and call: Enter #BAL# (#225#) and send the call. If you want to check your prepaid balance, enter #999# and send the call.
- Check minutes remaining and other: Check your minutes: Enter #MIN# (#646#) and send the call. If you have a prepaid account and want to check your remaining minutes, enter #999# and send the call. Minutes when roaming may take up to 30 days to post. Available minutes may appear to be incorrect if your plan changed in the middle of a billing cycle
- Check your text messages: Enter #MSG# (#674#) and send the call. For pooled accounts, text usage reflects the shared messages as well as message usage for your line. Messages used when roaming may take up to 30 days to post. If you changed your mobile number during your bill cycle, only usage for your new number will display.
- Check your data usage: Enter #WEB# (#932#) and send the call. Web usage when roaming may take up to 30 days to post.
- Check your usage on My T-Mobile: Once logged in to My T-Mobile, click USAGE. For shared plans, click View Shared Usage Details to view usage for all lines. To see usage for a specific line, click the number of minutes under the MINUTES column.
5. Check your mobile balance with BSNL
There are various ways to check the balance on your BSNL mobile
- Check with SMS and Call: To know your main BSNL Account Balance and Validity information dial *123# from your BSNL mobile or dial 123 to check your balance and validity on the IVR
Check minutes balance dial and call *123*2# Check SMS balance dial and call *123*1# or *123*5# or *125# Check GPRS Data Balance dial and call *123*10# Check Video Call Balance dial and call *123*9# Check GPRS pack balance dial and call *123*8# Check Data Balance dial and call *234#
- Check with SMS: All you need is to Dial and Call *125#
- Check with mobile app: Download the fee app and go to my accounts to check your mobile balance.
6. Check your mobile balance with Lebara
- Check with SMS: Send an SMS to 126172 with the word “Balance” from your Lebara sim and get an SMS back with your balance.
- Check with a call: You can call the IVR line 126 123
- Check online: Visit the website. You can check mobile balance on My Lebara account. If you don’t have a My Lebara profile, don’t worry you can get one now. It takes literally a minute to register. Once you are logged in, the first thing that appears is your balance and the Plans you have active with the remain balance and it expiry date.
- Check with Mobile App: Get the free app from iTunes or Google Play. Log in to your account and check your balance. Its all free.
7. Check your mobile balance with Orange
- Check with SMS: Text the following code to 150: BALANCE to view your current balance. Also type #100# and call to know the balance
- Check with call: Dial 400 to enquire about prepaid balance. Also call 16110 from any mobile to check your balance
- Check with Mobile App: Download free mobile app here if you are from France and get to know your balance by logging it with your account. Download MyEE App as it is called in many countries like New Zealand and UK. When you log into My EE, you’ll be told about your balance.
8. Check your mobile balance with Telkom
There are many ways to do so
- Check online: Log In to the Telkom portal to view your data and/or WiFi balance. Note you should have an account with it to go to your My Account panel
- Check with SMS: Send an SMS via your modem dashboard to *188# to receive your data and/or WiFi balance.
- Check you voice minutes balance: Dial *188# and dial button from the USSD menu, an SMS will be sent with all remaining balances.
- Check with Mobile App: You can download the free My Telkom app for Android or the My Telkom app for iPad and iPhones. The app allows you to complete a number of contract and pre-paid account related queries including checking your airtime, data and SMS balance.
9. Check your mobile balance with Boost
There are various methods to check balance with Boost mobile
- Check with Mobile App: You can check your account balance using the Boost Mobile App, which can be downloaded on iOS or Android.
- Check with SMS and Call: Simply enter #111# on your Boost Pre-Paid mobile, then follow the on screen prompts to view your main account balance and expiry. This is free to use. Dial #BAL to check account balance.
- Check online: From your computer log in with your wireless phone number and account PIN at boostmobile.com.
- Check by Call: Call customer care 1-888-BOOST-4U (1-888-266-7848) and know your balance
10. Check mobile balance with Amazon
For Amazon accounts, if you need to check your balances there are ways to do it. Here you can check your gift card balances or other account balances with your Mobile.
- Check with Mobile App: Download free mobile app from app store. Log in with your account and check your balances.
- Check Gift Card Balance: When you apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to an order or enter one on Your Account for future purchases, Amazon stores the available balance so you can view it at any time. To view your available gift card balance:
- To view your available gift card balance: Go to View Gift Card Balance in Your Account. Some physical Gift Cards purchased from Amazon.com do not come with denominations printed on the front. If you receive a gift card that doesn’t have a denomination printed on it, you can view the value without exposing the claim code by going to Your Orders , finding the gift card order, and comparing the 16-digit serial number – located beside the gift card amount- in the order details to the 16-digit serial number on the back of the gift card.
- Check Online: Log on to your Amazon account and check all your balances.
11. Check mobile balance with Lyca
You can check your balance at any time with Lyca Mobile
- Check with SMS and Call: Enter *131# , press send, and your balance will be shown on your Lycamobile screen
- Check by Call: Dial 131 and listen to your balance
- Check by call when you are abroad: To check your balance while you are abroad: Dial +611300854681 and follow the instructions.
12. Check mobile balance with Vodafone
There are various ways to check your mobile balance with Vodafone
- Check with Mobile app: Download the free mobile app. Register yourself or log in with your account and check your balance.
- Check Online: Log in to your Vodafone account and go to My accounts to check the balance
- Check Yak Pak Minutes balance: You can get an automated Yak Pak balance over the phone; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To hear your remaining Yak Pak minutes, simply follow the steps below:
- Phone 0508 888 800
- When prompted say “My Account”
- Then say “Account Balance”
- Enter your Account Number (either by speaking or via the key pad)
- Then say “Minutes Remaining”
- Your Yak Pak balance will then be read to you.
NOTE: Please be aware this balance may be up to 12 hours behind.
- Vodafone UK subscribers can check their balance by calling *#1345# free from your Vodafone Pay as you go mobile
- To see your remaining allowance, call 2345 free from your Vodafone Pay as you go mobile
- If you don’t have your mobile with you, call the Pay as you go credit line on 03333 048048 from any other mobile or landline (standard call charges apply)
13. Check your mobile balance with TPG
There are various ways to check your balance with TPG Mobile
- Check with Mobile App: Download the free app from app stores and log into your account or create one if you do not have and check your balance.
- Check online: Log in with your web browser and go into My Account and go to your mobile usage page to find your balance
You should check on all the above-mentioned telecom providers’ websites for more updated details about mobile and smartphones.