Are you a fan of rugby? Here are the 10 most popular Rugby World Cup Apps! But before that let’s have a look at the Rugby World cup 2023!
The opening and final match will take place at the Stade de France. This tournament will take place on the 200th anniversary of the “invention” of the sport by William Webb Ellis. Earlier, it was scheduled to last the typical six weeks, however, on 23 February 2021, World Rugby announced some additional weeks to adjust the additional rest day requirement for player welfare.
The teams will have a minimum of five rest days for all matches, to recover from injury and preparation for the tournament. France will host this world cup for the third time. It has previously hosted the 2007 event and as a joint host in 1991. It precedes the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris and this event will take place less than a year before the Olympic opening ceremony.
Criteria for Qualifying
In this match, a total of 20 teams will compete. A total of 12 teams get automatic qualification to the tournament after finishing in the top three of their pool at the 2019 Rugby World Cup. This will include France as it has already automatically qualified as host. The remaining eight spaces will be decided by regional competitions followed by a few cross-regional play-offs. The top spot will be decided by a repackage tournament that is going to be held in November 2022.
The amount of rugby-related apps in the Apple and Android app stores has risen dramatically in recent years; this is great news for rugby fans, the only downside is trying to figure out which ones are actually worth downloading.
To get the best updates, if you are not lucky enough to stay or visit France to watch these matches, rugby apps can be the right way to stay connected to the winning teams.
Here are the top ten apps, whether you’re looking for tournament apps, fan engagement apps, general rugby apps, or team apps, or gaming apps.
10 Most Popular Rugby World Cup Apps
It is free to download on iOS and Android.
You can consider this a quality rugby app which is produced by serial entrepreneur Ray Nolan in association with the ultimate rugby player himself Brian O Driscoll.
Following are the features that you can get in this app:
- Real-time live scores for all pools one pro rugby matches worldwide and post-match video highlights and stats.
- Social media, live to chat with other fans and personalization.
- Get to see player and club profiles including social media information.
- The pre-match center includes breaking news, stadium map, and ticket availability.
Price – Free, Available on iOS and Android.
This app is offered by the 3-time European cup winning Irish province, which is very useful for keeping up with all Leinster-related news and information.
The features include:
- Squad profile, fixtures, results, and videos.
- PRO12 and European champions cup breaking news.
- Domestic club news.
- Seat Upgrade feature for home games.
This is also free to download on iOS and Android.
With the 8th version of the Rugby World Cup starting this weekend and excitement at a fever pitch this is a must download before all the action kicks off. This app will ensure you don’t miss a thing if your busy schedule gets in the way of you keeping up to date with all things RWC.
- Listen to live audio for all RWC matches.
- Live match centre for all games.
- Play the dream team and predictor games.
- Personalize the app with your favorite #RWC2015 team to follow their progress.
- Add the RWC match schedule to your calendar.
- Test your knowledge in the RWC trivia quiz and weekly video quiz.
- Watch some great moments from the RWC archive.
- Check out which matches still have tickets available.
You will get this app for €4.99 on iOS and Android.
If you’re into your rugby, you will be happy to spend in this gaming apps and willing to spend a fiver for some realistic rugby gameplay with 3D visuals well this is the app for you.
You can play your way up from lower-tier clubs through to international rugby, improving your stats and skills along the way.
You will find all top tournaments and international test series including 50 worldwide teams, all with social integration.
Through this app, you can join in the global live game. You can play all major tournaments live on your device with the power to change the game.
This app is also free to download on iOS and Android.
The PRO12 season is underway and in spite of the large exodus of players partaking in the world cup the quality of games is still amazing with a number of talented emerging players getting their opportunity to shine.
The features include:
- Get live match tracking.
- Fixtures, results, and team lineups
- Latest news, videos, and photos.
6. All Black: Rugby Union Apps
This is the rugby world cup champions app brings you closer to the mighty All Blacks with many slick features including:
- Fixtures and scores for worldwide competitions and internationals.
- Team lineups, player info/stats, news, and videos.
- A great live match experience with key info, live commentary, lineups, and stats.
7. Irish Rugby App
The official IRFU app will update you about all the latest Irish rugby information. You can follow Joe Schmidt’s team in their quest to become world champions for the first time.
You will get features like:
- Live score updates.
- Ireland fixtures, results, player profiles, and match reports.
- Latest International, provincial, and club news.
This app is also free to download on iOS and Android.
Make sure to have this powered app downloaded in time for the next installment of this thrilling annual rugby championship. This app is great for second screeners this free app has a number of great features covering the whole experience both on and off the field including:
- News, stats, and up-to-the-minute scores.
- Pre-match build-up with all the latest news, lineups, and previews.
- Live match experience with play-by-play commentary.
- Post-match analysis including video highlights, reports, in-play analytics, and match play data.
9. Rugby Manager App
This app is for those of you who feel you missed your calling as a rugby manager this is the app for you. You can your own rugby club, train your players, prepare the best strategy, and win the championship. You can play against your friends or other players in different competitions and show off your management skills.
- Advanced individual training of your players.
- Individual strategic instructions for optimal performance of your players.
- Recruiting new players in a live bidding system.
- An innovating tool for creating realistic team strategies.
- Real-time matches.
10. Flick Kick Rugby Kickoff App
This is an addictive free rugby gaming app with 3D graphics. It is great for those of you who dream of kicking that winning conversion but prefer the less pressurized environment of your couch!
You will find features like:
- Realistic Rugby Pitch: 360-degree wind with shifting severity.
- Intuitive Kicking: Control the angle and curve of your kick with the flick of your finger.
- Sudden Death: The classic test of skill. No time limit, just keep making kicks.
- Practice Mode: Perfect your technique and learn how to become a kicking master.
- Time Attack: Quick Fire Kicking. You can kick as many times as possible within a time limit.
- Game leaderboards and Achievements.
These are the top 10 Rugby Apps. You can download any of it if you want to stay updated about this game and want to be a part of it all the time.